Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shrikhand / Vegetarian dessert




One of my friends happened to invite me for dinner preparing  marati food-Paav baaji served finally with Maharashtrians most familiar dessert Shrikhand. That's the first time i am knowing it. It is very simple and very easy dessert. I was so stunt and moved seeing the way my friend served me. I never force my guests to eat because i never feel they have to be. But she taught me the very gentle and generous way of treating our guests with open heart. She presented the treat in a very enticing manner that i felt i have known her for many years though we spared few weeks together. Apart from sharing this recipe i want to dispatch you people some moral. Guests, though our enemies, if treated well and are served with our homemade food with a pleasant smile and love (though pretended) they have found the easiest way to our hearts. No longer are they your enemies.


Ingredients:-


Yogurt-1cup
sour cream-1 cup
Sugar-Half to 1 cup
Cardamom powder-1/4tspn
Saffron-one pinch
Pistachio-2tsblespn


Directions:-


If you do not have cardamom pwdr you can take seeds of 20 and put them in a mixer with the sugar and give a few pulses.


  • Mix the sour cream and yogurt together and pour them into a muslin cloth and hang the cloth so that you can drain all the water from the yogurt and cream. Fix this for 7-8 hrs or overnight.
  • Now add in the saffron, sugar and cardamom powder. Give a thorough stir to reach in the cardamom sugar.
  • Serve adorning with pistachios.


BON APPETITE:)

No comments: