Friday, April 2, 2010

Blackberry Lemonade- Summer Drink




I know i am a little partial when i come into the subject 'FOOD'. Nothing stops me cooking if i really long for FOOD; Anything, specially if it is sweet. I just can't forgo the appetizer drinks when i am into a restaurant, be it Indian, my home country's or else. And this is one of the summer drinks i am putting forth. But as I said i am partial to food , I am impartial to choose it despite the weather. So here i am with my Blackberry Lemonade recipe with my often visiting guest in winter "Snow-white" waiting out in my patio drizzling.


Ingredients:-For one pitcher



Lemons-4
Water-4 cups
Sugar-1 cup 
Fresh blackberries-12
Garnish: lemon slices


Directions:-



The slide show gives an easy lemonade recipe with no cooking and here follows another method.

  • With a vegetable peeler remove zest from 4 lemons and squeeze enough juice from these.
  • In a saucepan boil 2 cups water with sugar, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Add zest, lemon juice, and remaining 2 cups water and cool.
  • In a food processor or blender puree blackberries and stir into lemonade. Pour blackberry lemonade through a sieve into a pitcher or other container and chill. Chill lemonade, covered, at least until cold.
  • Serve lemonade over ice in tall glasses, garnished with lemon slices.
BON APPETITE:)

No comments: